If you are interested in supporting us as we serve people in need through Mercy Ships, there are several ways you could do that:
- We would love to stay in touch, it would be great to hear from you.
We also post our own updates in various ways:
- As often as we can here on the blog. You can receive blog updates via email if you’d like by signing up here.
- On facebook and twitter, see links in the footer below.
- Via our email newsletter. There’s a sign up link in the menu.
- It would be great if you could pray for us. Click here to see our current prayer requests, and answers to prayer.
- We need financial support. Click the button below to find out more about that.
Why do we need financial support?
We are volunteers and do not receive a salary from Mercy Ships. Instead, we are dependent on donations from financial supporters.
We are responsible for all our expenses including:
- Our crew fees – As a way of raising money Mercy Ships requires the crew to pay for their room and board on the ship. Our crew fees are £5,500/$7,200 annually.
- General living expenses
- Medical insurance
- Flights to and from the ship
We re-joined Mercy Ships in summer 2016, and recently extended our commitment by a year through to summer 2020, with the option in the future of extending further. However we need to reach an appropriate level of financial support to sustain this.
Stuart serves full-time as the Information Services Manager on board, leading a team of seven IT. Frances serves part-time as an Outpatients Nurse, and also cares for our two boys.
Our work is similar to the paid roles we’ve both had at home. It’s just that with Mercy Ships our “salary” comes from supporters, rather than the organisation we work for.
If you are able to support us financially, there’s more information about how to do that here.
Thanks for partnering with us!